At LG Accounting Solutions we believe that being in business is not just about creating value for our clients, it’s also about how we can use our success to help others succeed.
Over the past few months as a team, we have looked at what matters most to us.
We were asked “If we could use our business as a vehicle for good – what would that be”?
We are a youthful company and found, after a little brainstorming, that we are passionate about supporting the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our youth
So our Global Vision for our business is – to grow the good in youth.
We plan to activate our Global Vision by investing (our expertise, time, money and human powers) into small youth focussed charitable organisations to help them grow the good they can do in their communities.
First cab off the rank is the Micro Loan Foundation. We were given a great presentation by Kirsten Shearn about how we can help.
So we have committed to Giving $500 per month for the next 10 months to this amazing international charitable organisation. This organisation ticked all the boxes for us:
• It provides loans (of as little as $50) to women in Malawi so they can afford to set up their own businesses. We see ourselves as business partners to our clients – so this is a perfect way to positively and meaningfully extend our business partnerships.
• The women work collaboratively in their community and earn money to improve their homes and provide food, healthcare and education for their children – Growing the good in youth.
• The women are supported by the Micro Loan Foundation team in their community and are educated about good business and financial management – Music to our ears!
• They also must pay back the loans. This is an empowering way to give these women a hand up not a hand out.
• All of their loan repayments are recycled to provide more loans for more women to trade their way out of poverty. As accountants we also love seeing money work!
• This is a business model that is self-sustaining and reduces the need for future aid.
Our team is getting motivated and behind the initiative through lunch time talks and finding creative ways to raise money to contribute to our Gifts.
We are also inviting all of our customers, suppliers and partners to be a part of this initiative and support our efforts.
Thanks for the opportunity Micro Loan Foundation, as a team we feel humbled, grateful and excited to be a small contributor to such and amazing initiative.